Over 15 years in the fitness & wellness industry, Keely has found her groove in personal training women of all shapes, sizes, and ability levels. When she is not training someone, she is either writing or coaching high school cross country & track. A competitive runner for over 20 years, Keely ran on high school, college and post-collegiate track teams – Greater Boston Track Club & Impala Racing Team and currently on Oiselle Volée. In addition to running, Keely enjoys spending time with her family, boxing, cycling, and reading about health & fitness.
Keely currently teaches fitness classes at Sellwood Yoga’s Align Fitness, coaches the Portland Waldorf School’s high school x-country teams and track teams, personal trains a select few in the area, and writes for Red Tricycle’s Portland Edition.
Degrees & Certifications:
- M.A. Health Communication, Emerson College-Tufts University
- Plant-Based Nutrition Certification through T.Colin Campbell Nutrition Studies – eCornell
- Certified Personal Trainer, NASM & ACSM
- Certified Pre & Post-Natal Fitness Specialist, Stroller Strides & AFPA
- Certified Wellness Coach, WellCoaches
- Certified TRX Suspension Training Instructor, TRX
- Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer, ACSM
- Certified First Aid & CPR, SF Paramedic Association
- Certified Cross Country & Track & Field Coach, NFHS USATF
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach, NFHS USATF
- Will complete the AFPA Holistic Nutrition Certification in winter of 2017
- SpiderFit Kids, Building Blocks To Youth Fitness & Physical Literacy Certification
- Obsessed reader and researcher of Women’s Health, specifically hormones, in order to better understand and adapt training to the female body.
- 800m – 2:16 @Boston High Performance & Baystate Games (2003)
- 5k – 18:30 Unofficial Holiday 5k, 19:12 @ Rainbow Falls in SF (2013)
- 10k – 41.00 Unofficial @ Mother’s Day Run at Mt. Tabor (2016) 48:07 @ Golden Gate Park 10k (2007)
- 12k – 50:53 @ Bay to Breakers (2014), @ Emerald Across the Bay 50:45 (2013)
- 15k – 102.00 @ Hot Chocolate Run in San Francisco (2014)
- 1/2 Marathon – 1:29 @ Kaiser Permanente 1/2 & Full (2013)
- Marathon – 3:23 @ Ventura Marathon (2013), 3:34 @Boston Marathon (2014)